Every once in awhile, someone on FOX News starts feeling a little dangerous and decides to actually do the news, just to see what it feels like to be a real reporter:
In an unexpectedly lively exchange on Fox News Sunday this morning, host Chris Wallace took on NRA head Wayne LaPierre for his group’s tasteless ad calling Obama an “elitist hypocrite” for having Secret Service protection for his daughters while opposing the placement of armed guards in every American school. “It wasn’t picking on the president’s kids,” LaPierre argued, somewhat futilely. “The president’s kids are safe and we’re all thankful for it.” When Wallace pointed out that ”[Malia and Sasha] also face a threat that most people do not face,” LaPierre shot back: “Tell that to the people in Newtown!” But Wallace wasn’t buying the indignation. “Do you really think that the President’s children are the same kind of target as every schoolchild in America?” Wallace asked LaPierre, adding, “I think that’s ridiculous, and you know it, sir.”
- Fox News Host Tells NRA Chief ‘That’s Ridiculous and You Know It, Sir.’ (gawker.com)
- Fox News’ Chris Wallace Explodes At NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre: ‘That’s Ridiculous, Sir, And You Know It’ (businessinsider.com)
- NRA: Obama will take your rifle, shotgun, handgun (tv.msnbc.com)
- Even Fox News Thinks NRA Is Being ‘Ridiculous’ (truthdig.com)
- NRA VP Wayne LaPierre is Taken Completely Off Guard in Heated Fox Interview (VIDEO) (tribuneofthepeople.com)
There are no revisions for this post.